Today I’d like to share something a little different I’ve been working on. River the fox! I needed a bit of a break from the Gemstone-inspired series so I’m working on a new header for Strike A Spark. I know, I know, I’ve said I’ll make a custom header for years now. . . I had some issues with finding the right design, but I think I’ve hit upon something now. 🙂 This sketch of comic!River is one component of that design, but it’s only inked so far so I added a nice gradient background so it wouldn’t be so boring. =^w^=
Unfortunately, this week I’ve been having some trouble with GIMP. . . or more precisely, we think it’s my laptop’s keyboard. The problem is that when I’m drawing, the lines go all blobby because GIMP thinks I’m trying to select two tools and so switches between them quickly. It’s very frustrating. 😡 We’ve known for some time that my keyboard was having issues, though, but this is the first time it’s affected GIMP, so it’s put a damper on painting for now.
On the upside, I’ve been able to spend some quality time writing and plotting instead, thanks to an external keyboard. I wrote almost 2k words yesterday! That’s better than my NaNo average. \(^o^)/
Don’t forget that tomorrow is the final installment of Art from the Archives! It’s another of my favorite pieces from that time period, about 5 years ago, so even though it isn’t “finished” yet I’m excited to share it with you. And I’ve also worked up a header design for Cloud’s blog, Cloud’s World Of:, so you can look forward to seeing that soon!