I’m honored that Jenna Gee of ArtsyChic Creations nominated Strike A Spark for the Real Neat Blog Award! Thank you, Jenna! On ArtsyChic Creations, Jenna shares her artwork and art inspirations she’s found. Please check it out!
The Rules for the Award
- Place the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions promptly to the nominator.
- Thank you note to the nominator by sending message to their blog.
- Nominate other bloggers you like , linking to their blogs.
- Nominee should be acknowledge by a note you have nominated them.
1. If you could visit any decade in history what would it be and why?
The 1850s to visit the Great Exhibition at the Crystal Palace.
A) Your favorite fashion trend from that decade?
The bell-shaped evening dresses. They look difficult to walk in, but so pretty!
B) Your favorite food trend from that decade?
2. Who is your favorite Disney character and why?
Mickey Mouse of course! I loved watching the classic Disney cartoons as a kid, so besides being iconic, Mickey Mouse is nostalgic.
3. If you could be someone else for a day…
A) Who would it be?
Someone in a different universe.
So I could see what other universes are like compared to ours. (Now wouldn’t that be something to write about?)
4. If your life were a book, what would the title be?
“Strike A Spark: A Quest for Inspiration” 🙂
5. What’s your zodiac sign and do you think it fits your true personality?
That depends on who you ask! According to classic astrological charts, I’m a Scorpio. According to my astronomy professor, I’m a Libra. 😆 As the universe is still in motion, Earth’s relationship to the stars changes gradually over time, leading to different dates correlating to each sign since it’s been centuries since the classic charts were drawn up. Which is correct. . . ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
6. What’s your favorite book series of all time?
Ahh, that’s difficult, there’s so many good ones to choose from! The Lord of the Rings, and Redwall, and Harry Potter. . . The Littles and Anne of Green Gables and The Queen’s Thief. . . but for today I’m feeling nostalgic, so I’ll go with The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
A) Favorite character from the series?
Mr. Tumnus, the loyal faun.
B) Favorite quote?
“One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.” – C.S. Lewis
7. If you could be any mythological creature what would it be and why?
A fox spirit, obviously. 🙂
Why? Well, I’ve always loved foxes so when Cloud and I and our friends were designing avatars, I added fox features to mine. So while she’s technically not a fox spirit, I do think of her as a fox spirit in a sense. Plus, fox spirits have powers of illusion and can cast fox-fire. How cool is that?
Time to Nominate!
I’m nominating a few of my go-to blogs. I encourage you to check them out too!
Cloud’s World Of: – My best friend Cloud’s blog. She posts her watercolor paintings and other art and writing! (Though she’s been a bit busy lately. . . I hope she has more time to paint soon.) And, did you know we’re working on a webcomic together? Keep an eye out for concept art and so on. . . 😉
Yureya – A doll / figure / art / games / just plain fun blog. Yureya has taught me a lot of cool art techniques, like the soft sketch technique she uses for her character designs. Plus, her photography is amazing!
And YOU! If you have a blog, and you think this award sounds like fun, please consider yourself nominated! 😀
And here are the questions:
- What’s your favorite way to indulge your creativity?
- Favorite project from the last year?
- Which book would you love to be seen made into a movie, and which book do you think simply can’t be adapted into a good movie?
- If you could go anywhere you haven’t been before, where would it be and what would you do?
- You are setting out on a grand quest, a journey that will take you far and wide and back again. As you round the first bend in the road, a companion steps forward to join you. Who is it?
- Top five items you have to carry with you every day?
- Coffee or tea?